As of July 19, 2020, I turned 20 years old! The big 2 0. Which means I am officially an adult and also means I beat teen pregnancy.
I hit a lot of milestones between turning 18 and 20. Now I look forward to hitting some more milestones before I turn 21.
- Get my Driver’s License. I know I should’ve gotten it. However I’ve been putting that last on the list since driving is the last of my worries. I wouldn’t mind walking to places, but there are some places I want to drive to if I wanted to travel by myself.
- Get 2 Tattoos. I have not decided specifically on which ones, but I want one symbolic to my sister and another meaningful symbolic towards myself .
- Go Camping. I would say in the woods, but I watch too many documentaries, so my backyard is just fine. It would be nice to have a campfire and sing campfire songs. That’s definitely something I would love to do.
- Change my wardrobe. I don’t have a specific style. I just dress comfortably. I want to go shopping and just try to see what style is good for me. Maybe like those fitting room montages you see on movies.
- Finish a book. I know I say this alot, but I actually want to finish a book and get it published. I’m in the processes of rewriting a book I published on Wattpad a few years ago, so hopefully I don’t procrastinate too much.
- Go to the West side. I realized I’ve only been on the Eastside of America, from Florida all the way to Connecticut. I want to at least go to Tampa or Saint Petersburg, maybe even California if I’m Lucky!
- Vote! I’ve recently registered to vote and it’s easier than I thought. With everything going on in America we need to vote. If you’re 18 or turning 18 before election day, please help make a difference by voting. If you would like to check to see if you’re registered, go on http://www.vote.org.
- Attend a Concert. With quarantine happening, i’m not how soon I will be able to do this, but hopefully the Corona Virus will die down before the New Year. Remember to wear your masks and stay home!
- Go on a Picnic. The last time I went on a real picnic, I’d say 5th grade during field day. I want to go on a picnic, with a picnic blanket, sandwiches, fruit, books!
- Dedicate an entire week for myself. Okay maybe not a full week. If I can’t dedicate 5 days, maybe 3 days. I go through a lot of things mentally and I believe I deserve a couple of days for myself. Maybe go to a local hotel and just lounge. I don’t something special and relaxing with no worries.
- Take more pictures of myself. I have a thing now where I only take pictures of myself on occasions, I’m going to start dressing up just to take pictures, my instagram feed deserves that.
- Do Karaoke. I have always been to shy to do karaoke. At the same time I would always want to sing or rap one of my favorite songs for fun. Maybe I can push myself to do it one of these. The second hard part may be choosing which song to sing. (Doing a List on that!)
- Go to a Drive-In Movie. When I was younger my family and I went to drive in movies frequently, but now it’s not as much. It would be nice to go especially during quarantine.
- Learn a new Language. I have been working on learning spanish for years, maybe now I can finally learn how to be fluent.
- Interview a C-List or above celebrity. It has always been my dream to interview Beyonce, but as of right now, interviewing a famous youtube or tik toker would be just as great. I never met a celebrity or even spoken to someone with more than 100k followers, so getting the opportunity to interview them would make my life.
- Get Braces. I’ve been looking forward to getting Braces for a really long time. I think it’s time to start putting money towards that now.
- Go on a Social Media Hiatus for one week Each month. Social Media makes me really anxious with the conspiracy theories and assumptions with the news. I did a hiatus before and it felt refreshing.
- Meditate Everyday. After leaving Jacksonville I decided to start meditating and manifesting and everything was working out well until I started to work. With my busy schedule I couldn’t seem to find time to start meditating again. Now that my schedule isn’t to all over the place, I will start meditating. Maybe then I will stop stressing out so much.
- Get my passport. It’s unbelievable how many things I haven’t seen yet. There are so many beautiful countries I’d like to see like Greece, Italy, France!
- Adopt a Kitten. At first I never liked cats, but now I realized how alike we are. Loving, Silly, and Laid back. I would love to be cuddled up with a furry kitten right now.
- Have a Candle Lit bath. This has been on my bucket list for years and it seems like something so easy to do, but I never seem to find the time to actually do it.
I can’t wait to continue this journey with you guys. I can’t believe I am actually 20! Time to be an adult. I will be updating this post for each milestone I complete. I’m looking forward to you guys pushing me to do these things.